Wednesday 27 February 2013

Oscars 2013 Red Carpet Report


oscars
Hi there guys and gals! I know I haven’t been regularly posting and I have yet to deliver my next installment for “Fashion 101”. Do forgive my unacceptable behavior and “punish” me in any way you see fit ;)  Without further ado, here is my Official Oscars 2013 Red Carpet Style Report.

jennifer lawrence, oscars, oscars 2013
Jennifer Lawrence, as usual, is the centre of attention


Dressed to the 9s and suited to kill, Hollywood’s resident Stars and Studs were large and in charge yesterday as they strutted their stuff on the Oscars (not-so-red) red carpet. With Family Guy creator Seth Macfarlene as the Host, the Oscars kicked of to a great start. I personally enjoyed the "we say your boobs" Song. Jennifer lawrence's reaction when they said that they've never seen hers went like this...

Priceless!

From Gorgeous Dresses by Armani Prive to Custom tailored Giambattista Valli Couture gowns, the Oscars 2013 were not short of glamour as Hollywood’s Finest walked the red carpet in the fashion world’s most beautiful gowns. Obvious Trends like the over sized ruffles, the exposed slits as well as pastel hues of pale pink and blue made an appearance on more than one starlet that night. We all already know who's the best dressed anyways. She basically hijacked the Oscars.  Here's a hint!

jennifer lawrence oscars 2013, jennifer lawrence, oscars 2013. lawrence, jennifer, oscars, 2013

Here is a list of my Best Dressed Female Stars for the night .  

Catherine Zeta Jones in Zuhair Murad
Catherine Zeta Jones 2013 oscars, zuhair murad, dress, oscar dress, oscar 2013 dress

Gorgeous as always, Zuhair Murad never fails to create a wearable work of art. The tool from the waist down look so chic! Catherine looks regal with this gold beaded couture piece but there's just this empty feeling where her neckline is. The Look could have been enhanced if she wore a gold gilded necklace of some kind.  7.5/10 for me

 Charlize Theron in Dior Couture
Charlize Theron 2013 oscars, dior couture, oscar dress

Charlize Theron(pronounced thr-on) donned an ivory white Dior Couture Gown and accessorized it with some Harry Winston Jewels. I love the simplicity of this dress. Saf Simons has really made Dior into something that the average woman on the street could marvel at and I think its a step in the right direction! Doesn't this remind you of Gwyneth Paltrow's All white Tom Ford ensemble with the Cape from last years Oscars?  8/10 for me.
gwenath palthrow oscars tom form oscars 2013, Charlize theron dior haute couture oscars 2013 dress

Jane Fonde In Versace
jane fonde in daffodil yellow versace dress for oscars 2013

I'm having trouble believing this woman is 75 years old. She looks HAWT! Maybe I'm in to older women? Jane Fonda Wore an exquisite Daffodil Yellow Versace slit dress and chose to pair them with chopard jewellery along with a Jimmy Choo Minaudiere( that means "clutch" in fancy fashion talk :3) and ofcourse Jimmy Choo heels.  An easy 8/10 for me

Nicole Kidman in L'Wren Scott
Nicole Kidman in L'Wren Scott dress for Oscars 2013

The amazing thing about L'Wren Scott is that she didn't start out as a designer but rather as a stylist. After realizing her true calling, she took control and started her now eponymous fashion label. It just so happens that L'Wren has a following that includes the Immaculate Nicole Kidman of whom considers L'Wren as one of her go to designers for the red carpet. This AH-MAH-ZING sequined dress looks like a dream. The tailoring was perfect in all the right places and its looks as though she has fireworks going off on her body! 8.5/10 for the effortless chic!

Jennifer Chastain in Armani Prive

THIS. IS. PERFECTION
If there ever was a woman who so effortlessly works the red carpet without so much as a hair out of place, its Jennifer Chastain. This divine Armani Prive Gown has a beautifully structured bodice while Swarovski crystal embellishments cover every possible area of fabric.

Jennifer Chastain Armani Prive Georgio Armani

 Miss Chastain has donned on multiple couture creations ranging from Givenchy to Alexander McQueen but this Dress Takes the Cake. It makes my mouth water, all I want to do is bite it !!!  I want to die and be buried in this dress. Period.  Hands down one of the BEST DRESSED !

Jennifer In Alexander McQueen for Last Year's Oscars
Lily Colins in Zuhair Murad

Ever so gorgeous is Lily Colins wearing an electric blue Zuhair Murad couture piece. So many things about this dress is right. 8/10 for me

Naomi Watts in Georgio Armani

Once again, Armani Prive Dominates the red carpet with dress after dress. This stunning piece on Naomi doesn't necessarily translate well on other people but she somehow managed to pull of the impossible. 9/10 all the way

Jennifer Hudson in Roberto Cavalli

As Vogue Puts it, Kelly is wearing a Petrol Blue dress from Roberto Cavalli couture. Its interesting because she wasn't a nominee but decided to show off those gorgeous Gams in this stunning piece.  Nuff Said. 8/10

Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen
Amanda Seyfried In Alexander Mcqueen lilac organza couture gown oscars 2013 academy awards

For some reason, I HATE this dress. I don't deny its breathe-taking design. It just doesn't vibe with me. I'm honestly a little (A LOT) disappointed with our dearest Cosette. She's known for her more experimental runway pieces and this wasn't it. This Alexander Mcqueen lilac organza Dress is stunning, Just not on her. I prefer the dress she wore after the oscars. Its a 7/10 for me

Cosette: Hmmm is that Marius I see in the distance?     Eponine: Oh HEWL No!
Kerry Washington in Miu Miu
miu miu Kerry Washington oscars 2013 academy awards red carpet dress

This Miu Miu Coral Dress is stunning because of its understated colour that helped break apart the light and airy tones that everyone else was wearing. What's also great about this dress it the nude tulle bustier embellished with paillettes and crystal. She completed the look with a Prada Clutch and Chopard Jewellery. The train , however, was far too long. It looks as though someone had forgotten to tell Miucca to cut all that redundant fabric off. Barely a 7/10 

Anna Hathaway in Prada
Anna Hathaway Prada pale Pink Column Dress for the 2013 oscars academy awards red carpet

Anna Hathaway Everybody. Anna Hathaway. It's really heartwarming to see our princess of Genovia become such a queen in her own right.Queen of Hollywood more like it! Wearing a pale pink Column Gown by Prada, Anna Hathaway looks absolutely divine. I'm having trouble expressing how much I love her so I hope you get my drift. I gives me great pleasure to know that she won an oscar for best supporting actress for her performance as Fantine In the Musical Les Miserables . A well deserved win. 


AHHAHAHA WE WIN EVERYTHING !!!!!!!


Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Couture !!!!
Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Haute Couture By Raf Simons for The 2013 Oscars Academy Awards Red Carpet Look

Last but certainly not least, we have My Homegurl Jennifer Lawrence. From right under our noses, Jennifer has crept her way in to our hearts and has Claimed Hollywood for her own. Gaining momentum in her career when she scored the role of mystique in the latest X men Franchise, She made her incredible breakthrough as Katniss in the Hunger Games. And from there,We've fallen in love with her ever since. Her GORGEOUS Dior Couture Dress has become a legend. Not because its so beautiful but because... well.... this!


And all I can think of is....

She's such a wonderful actress. Her performance in Silver Linings Playbook was beyond amazing. I just can't wait for her to star in Catching Fire. And I guess we all know what Christian Dior's next campaign will look like :D

Christian Dior Haute Couture Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Lawrence
Christian Dior. Because You're Dress is so awesome you'll fall. 
 Her personality is so unique. She so relatable and youthful and that's what makes her the people's hero( or at least my hero)

Jennifer Lawrence Oscars Academy awards 2013 dress Christian Dior Haute Couture



Here are some of the highlights from the show besides Fashion. 








After hours of TV, I can’t help but picture myself as one of E! Entertainment‘s live correspondents on the red carpet dishing the dirt on who’s wearing what wearing where.I could be like the brown Ryan Seacrest! And of course,  I get to rub shoulders with Jennifer Lawrence and be her BFF. We'll braid each other's hair and talk about boys all night!

 I hope you enjoyed the Oscars as much as I have. I tend to get overly consumed when globally televised events like the Oscars of the Olympics happen . I guess its the small town street kid in me that wants to be part of that big glamorous world on TV. 

Thank you for sticking with Dreamofdior and I hope you have a great week ahead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment