Friday 20 December 2013

Take me away, Beyoncé

beyonce knowles, beyonce,

I have been moved, in ever form possible; Spiritually, mentally, physically, psychologically and all the other unspoken peripheries of my being. As a person, I believe that the strength we need to get through the darkest times lie not in angry or happiness(or any other emotions though they are key), but in truth. Truth empowers. The truth,(GET READY FOR THIS!) will set you free. And my truth right now, Is Beyoncé Knowles. This woman has gotten me through my high school years with her home runs, like Halo and Broken Hearted Girl. 

Beyonce knowles

But this time, it's different. I'm not the "music" kind of person. Occasionally, I get hooked onto a couple songs and put them on repeat. My usual patronage includes tunes from One republic, Bad Girl Riri, Earth's Resident Champion of Homosexuality and eccentricities; Lady Gaga, and ALWAYS Beyoncé Knowles. Perfect Perfect Mrs Beyoncé. She embodies everything I know I want to be; sensitive, encouraging, positive, confident, enlightened, wise, strong, independent, resilient etc. The list of positive qualities can go on for awhile, but what I love most is that she is SO DAMN HUMAN!  I can't help but gravitate to her music, because it speaks to me, almost as if we've gone through the same thing and now she's serenading our endevours.  


Who loves their fans so much, that they would stay silent about their masterpiece, just so that they could make sure it was PERFECT, and then release it COMPLETE with 17 music videos. Nobody! Absolutely nobody, except Beyoncé


It hits you with the truth, that you aren't alone. That everyone has experienced the bitter aftertaste of failure, even Beyoncé. That everyone feels empty and lost from time to time, but eventually they realize that being lost is the closest they can get to being found. That's how I feel when I listen to beyoncé. I feel lost, but found. Truth. Only the truth, and that's her music.  And when I listen to her voice, it's not that I'm discovering her, but rather I'm discovering more about me( Ha Ha I'm very dramatic I know). 




2013 was Beyonce's year. And I shit you not when I say I don't believe there will never again be anyone in the pop/music/entertainment world who can hold a candle to Queen Bey. It's not like I know her personally, of know of anyone who does( CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT!), but the honesty from her voice is irresistible. Her entire album is about being human. In her video where she explains the ethos behind the album, she says losing was the biggest and greatest lesson for her.  When she was 9 years old, she competed on this talent show and lost. And instead of channeling all that redundant negative energy into wasteful thoughts, she did something for herself.  She knew she needed to fail. 

My Message in this album, was finding the beauty in Imperfection- Beyoncé Knowles on her new album.

There's just something about the way she brings together an idea, and executes it. "I see music . It’s more than just what I hear. When I’m connected to something, I immediately see a visual or a series of images that are tied to a feeling or an emotion, a memory from my childhood, thoughts about life, my dreams or my fantasies. And they’re all connected to the music."  says Beyonce about her visual album.

 Her song "pretty hurts' really send me over the moon and back(with tears), only because it's so honest and true, and I relate to everything. In Beyonce's own words, she had an image of herself training to be this champion, and at the end of the day she asked herself "is it worth it?". "I get this trophy, but I basically starved, I've neglected the people that I love, I've conformed to what everybody else thinks I should be, AND I have this trophy".  Too often have I been so convoluted in my ways, so corrupted with the idea and Lust for success, that I do exactly what Beyonce explains in her song. I chase perfection, but perfection is a disease. 



"The trophies represents all of the sacrifices i made as a kid, all the time that i lost, being on the road in the studios as a child. And i just wanna blow that shit up


I have a lot of awards, and i have alot of those thing and they’re amazing and i worked my ass to get those things. But nothing feels like my child singing "Mommy", nothing feels like when i look in my husband in the eyes, nothing feels like when i’m respected when i get on the stage and i see i’m changing people’s lives. Those are the things that matter. Enjoy your life, it’s short."


So I say, take your time going through what I feel is Beyonce's Magnum opus. Listen to each and every song, and feel yourself in every lyric she sings. There are just so many aspects of humanity in her album, so much so that I can't bear to list them all for fear of getting carried away (for example; SHE WROTE A SONG ABOUT HER BABY GIRL BLUE!) So without further ado, here are the 14 songs masterly crafted by Beyonce herself. 


And once you've listened to them all, you HAVE to complete the Beyonce experience by watching the making of the album, and have the Queen Bey herself address you on her latest creation. YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT. I swear, it's incredible.  Self titled.

Part 1


I feel like this really made my 2013, because I existed during the time beyonce made this album. I can't wait to tell my grandchildren that I lived through the best years of my life, with beyonce's voice by my side.For those who feel lost and weak, remember that beyonce lost countless of times when she was growing up, and still , she made her life work. She has the same 24 hours as we do, and that in itself is a clear message. Motivation comes from within, from truth. Because truth, is real power. In the words of Beyonce, "Enjoy Your life. It's short. That's my message". 


No comments:

Post a Comment